Saturday, 9 September 2017

Netflix Obsessed

Hey!
Since I got Netflix I have become a little obsessed, I use it nearly every day watching the next episode of my new-found favourite show. Today I thought I would share with you the shows that I have been loving the past few months. I am an avid TV show person, I watch movies from time to time but I never feel like I have the time to sit down and watch one.

Orange is the New Black

OITNB was the main reason I wanted to get Netflix, everyone was watching it and I wanted to join in on the club. The first three seasons were amazing, I loved the plot, the character's backstories and the actors themselves. Season 4 and 5 were a little different for me as I didn't enjoy them as much, some characters who once were mains faded into the background and the plot felt like it was stretched too far and the episodes become boring with nothing really happening.

RuPaul's Drag Race

This show is the one I go to when I'm having a bad day or just want a little pick me up. I'm not the biggest reality TV show fan but I LOVE this show. It is a drag queen competition and of course, when there are a load of huge personalities there is bound to be conflict. I have watched season 2 and currently watching season 3. My favourite queens are Pandora Boxx and Raja. I love the fashion and the funny challenges the queens get thrown.

American Horror Story

I watched the first 4 seasons 2 years ago and I loved revisiting the same seasons again. I am now onto season 5 which gives so much creepier vibes than the previous 4 seasons. I love that the majority of the cast stay the same every season, hello Evan Peters! For anyone who hasn't watched AHS, it's not a horror show, it's creepy yes but it doesn't leave you restless at night thinking of one of the characters are going to come and get you.

How I Met Your Mother

This is one of those classic shows that you can watch over and over. I've never completed the whole of HIMYM but I am slowly making progress through it. I use this show as my buffer one, if I have nothing else I want to watch or don't have enough time to watch a different show I'll watch it.

Riverdale

I had no idea what to expect when I started watching Riverdale, which is the name of the town where the story is set. It reminds me a lot of High School Musical, there's a Troy Bolton who wants to play sport and do music, there's a Ryan and Sharpay Evans except Ryan gets murdered and Sharpay is still Sharpay. I haven't sussed out any of the other characters but Cole Sprouse is in it. The second season is out in October which will be interested to see what happens next.

Sherlock

Sherlock can't be described more than amazing. It is a modern take on Sherlock Holmes, the episodes are an unusual length, probably due to the main character being a little unusual, at 90 minutes. I love mystery and crime TV shows like the likes of CSI and Criminal Minds and Sherlock takes that and adds so much more. The only problem I have with it is the length it takes for one season to be released, approx 2 years which is heartbreaking when you are completely up to date and still need more of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson.

What shows have you been watching recently?

Thanks for being awesome,




2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I also just posted one similar and I featured Riverdale and HIMYM too, I'm currently trying to finish HIMYM because I only have a few episodes to go! I'm also really excited to watch the second season of Riverdale when it starts! Will be checking out the other shows you recommended! X

    Erin // Everything Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Erin! I can't wait for season 2 of Riverdale to come out and I really need to get watching more of HIMYM as I haven't even finished season 1 yet

      Delete