Saturday, 24 September 2016

New Years Goals Update

Hey!
This is my nine month update on my New Years Goals, I can't believe it's the end of September. I feel like I have completed more of my goals in the past three months and I am glad I am progressing. Check out my first and second update.

Personal


Try to Go More Cruelty Free

I haven't been buying much makeup or skincare lately as I am doing a Project Pan. I have definitely become more informed about that brands are cruelty free and what ones aren't. I still haven't found a cruelty free dry shampoo but hopefully I will find one at the end of the year.

Get Driving

I have finally started driving lessons, I started in July and I have done 4 so far. I am finding it slightly difficult as I am learning to drive a manual and the clutch is so confusing. I hope to put my insurance on to my Mam's car so I can drive on the road. My Mam's looking forward to that more than I am, she wants me to drive instead of her.

Get Yellow Belt in Kickboxing

I am proud to say that I got my yellow belt after my August grading. I am really happy with this as I had set out to accomplish it this year. I don't know will I do any grading now since I'm back at school, it really depends on how many classes I'm able to make.

Save €10 a Month

I am on track with the savings, I have saved €80 so far which I am really happy with. I have decided that this money is going to my car fund, I know it might take me a few years to save up for a car but I have over €600 saved and I am delighted as I am such a spender.

Stop Bitching about People

I have slowly but surely trying to put myself into a positive mind set as normally I am mostly negative. I have noticed that even with school I try to find the positives in things even though they are harder to find.

Write Another Play

I haven't had an inspiration this year at all to write a play and I think it is because of the restrictions that comes with it going on stage. I have been writing more, short stories, poems etc. I don't see myself at this moment of time actually getting a play written, school has just become so time consuming and I prefer to chill out or writing blog posts than actually trying to do a bigger project.

Blog


Hit 10,000 Pageviews

I hit 10,000 views on 22nd July and it came as quite a shock. I remember going onto my blog and seeing a jump in views overnight. I was shocked as I thought I wouldn't get there for another week or so. 

Put Up 1 Video a Month on YouTube

Since I have begun putting up 2 videos a month, I have 11 YouTube videos up. I have decided that I want to continue uploading twice a month but I am going to have a schedule, hopefully over the next month or two I will be posting the first and third Saturday of each month. I hope I will be able to do this since I have so much work for school but we will wait and see.

Do 5 Collabs

I have completed my goal. At the start I thought I was a little crazy saying that I would get 5 collabs done this year and I did. I did them with Frances, Guilianna, Nicole, Aisling and a group one with Eve, Christina and Guilianna. I hopefully will have one or two more collabs before the year is up.

Use Different Social Media More

I have started posting more regularly on Instagram and I am enjoying taking pictures for it. I have even started planning what I photos are going up which is completely new to me. I love praticing and improving my photography skills. I have been using Twitter and Snapchat as usual, I am not as active on Snapchat due to school but I hope to keep you updated on the weekends. I go through phases on Pinterest, where I completely forget about it or become obsessed, there is no inbetween.

Check Email and Facebook Twice a Day

I have got better at checking my emails less than normally very little comes in, most of it is just notifications from Twitter. I still sometimes go down the rabbit hole of Facebook but I find I am not as bad as I used to be.

Smaller Goals

500 Twitter Followers: 601
50 Blog Followers: 23
25 Pinterest Followers: 19
1,000 Snapchat Score: 1,300
100 Instagram Followers: 100

That's my progress in my New Year Goals. How are your goals going?
Thanks for being awesome,


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving some of your goals! I find it so hard to gain followers on Pinterest. I guess I just have to pin more! I don't mind doing that at all. Great post! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! I go through phases the whole time, now I don't use it very often but may be in 2 weeks I'll spend ages on it.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on everything you have achieved so far! Hopefully you complete everything by the end of the year xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed reading this. What a great idea, to actually track your progress. I might have to try this next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I find it so beneficial and motivating to see how far I've progressed.

      Delete