Saturday, 25 June 2016

How I Blog: The Blog Post Process

Hey!
I was half thinking of doing this post but sure why not. Every blogger has a different process to organising and writing a blog post and I thought I would share to you mine.



Planning


I keep my blog schedule on Google Docs and I like to have it planned out 2 months ahead of time, I like to keep it organised as when I am finished one post and ready to start another all I have to do is looks at my blog schedule and see what I have to do. I sometimes swap post ideas around or even get rid of them all together if I don't like them anymore.


I also keep a list of blog post ideas in my Bullet Journal and also in Google Docs just in case I don't have my Bullet Journal on hand. That way I always have a list of blog post ideas that I can use.



Writing


I start writing it 2 weeks before it goes up, I know that seems like a long time but I find especially when I have school it works perfectly as I have plenty of time to get it done with photos and all. I like taking my time writing up a post and taking pictures as I find if I was to rush it, I normally don't like the end result.

I love listening to music while writing posts, here is my playlist:


I normally try to have it finished six days before it goes live as if something happened or I was really busy I would have an extra few days to get it finished. I schedule it normally for 6pm on Saturday, I don't even know why I pick that time to be honest.


Photos




I always try to take my photos between 11am-4pm or whenever it is brightest. I use my trusty locker to put things on for photographing as I haven't found anything else that does the job as well. I have to remove a few things off it before I take photos as I didn't realise until one of my friends come over but not everyone likes porcelian dolls! I take the photos with my iPod Touch 5 which is my favourite thing in the world but I would love to get an actual camera.


I edit the photos on VSCO, I personally don't like editing photos as it takes so long but it is definitely worth it! 


Social Media



As you know if you follow me on Twitter, I tweet a lot! I use Buffer to schedule my Tweets about upcoming posts. I also put it up on Snapchat, my Snapchat is totally_ro if you want to follow me, I think it is weird that Snapchat doesn't have a schedule button thing. 

That is how I get a blog post ready from planning to scheduling.

This is my 100th post! I can't believe it.
Thanks for being awesome,


8 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts! I am the opposite to you as I write my posts the day they go up! xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura! I think it depends on the person really.

      Delete
  2. Aw I love reading these kind of posts, I find them so interesting! I should do one myself! Well done on 100 posts by the way xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congrats on your 100th post! You are so much more organised than me, I should probably start scheduling my posts! x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Alice, I think it depends on the person.

      Delete
  4. Loved this post gal and congrats on your 100th post! It's so interesting to see what other bloggers do and how they do it, loved it!
    Ailbhe x

    ReplyDelete